Sunday, February 28, 2010

Wedding hair - up or down?

I have a sleeveless dress, with the typical poofy skirt. I have an elbow-length simple veil, and have a small tiara that I'm debating on switching out for something even more simple. Would you wear your hair up or down? I thought at first I'd do up, to help elongate the way I look (I'm short), but now I'm not so sure? The one thing I do know is that I don't want it completely down and all over my face.Wedding hair - up or down?
I'm short too, (5'1) but along with that comes a short neck. For me, at least, an updo only emphasizes that fact and makes me look even more 'squat' than I am. If you look around at women with long hair, it always looks longer and makes them look 'taller' with it down. A nice style like this:


http://www.clearleadinc.com/site/images/鈥?/a> will give you a softer look, still play up your tiara nicely, and the hair will protect your back from your veil if it's the least bit scratchy.





Let's face another fact - don't you feel a little bit sexier with the feel of your hair on your bare skin......?





Good Luck with whatever you decide - I'm sure you'll be beautiful!Wedding hair - up or down?
womensbeautylife.com


www.bridaltimes.info





here are just a few I kind of partial to half up half down with curls
I think it really comes down to how it looks with the dress. I think a bare neck and shoulders looks dramatic with a strapless or off-the-shoulder or narrow strap style. If you like the way you look with your hair up, I'd wear it up. How many times in your life will you wear your hair in a beautiful, glamorous up-do? It's special occasion hair for a very special occasion.
I don't think there's any way that anyone online could give you reasonable advice about this, as there is not even a picture of you or the dress. Work with a hairdresser. Or if you're low on funds, go to a local beauty school. Check out styles that go with your style dress.





And I hope you stop eating pure crisco, that stuff is all trans fat and will kill you before you marry.
You'll look taller with it up and your tiara will look spectacular as well.
I'd say up, it makes your neck look nice and elegant, and also if it is a warm day it stops your hair sticking to the back of your neck. After all, how many occasions do you get where you can wear your hair up in a really elegant style like that?
Wear it up, it is more formal. If totally cannot decide, have the front all up with some down in the back.
id say up. but make sure you go to a good hair stylist. my hair was up and by the time the reception came, my hair had fallen out.


if your really torn, maybe go half up, have your fringe and side up, and have the back down. what ever you do, make sure you have a test run, and keep the style in for as long as you can
I wanted up, but he likes it down. So going half up/half down.
Your best bet is to go to a professional stylist for a consultation. Bring your veil %26amp; tiara and show the stylist what you are wearing. Also bring in a pic of the dress. Have her style your hair DOWN with your veil %26amp; tiara on. Then style your hair UP. See what flatters you best, and what you think, and more importantly-how you FEEL! Whatever you decide, I am sure you will be a beautiful bride :-)





I also had a veil %26amp; tiara, but a very different style dress. I had my hair in an updo.
down of course women look betta with there hair down
kohistany3's got it right--95% of guys think a woman looks better with hair down. I'll bet your fiance does too. Ask him, and then ask yourself if you'll be wearing your hair for him or for you...
There are a variety of factors that effect what kind of hairstyles look best on a person. First, what shape is your face? I have a round face (same measurement long as wide) so I look better in a style that is down or has height. My MOH, however, has an oval face so everything looks good on her.





Second, how long is your hair? Is it chin-length? Shoulder length? Mid-back? How long your hair is is a major factor is what they can do with it.





Third, what kind of texture does your hair have? Is it stick straight? Curly? Wavy? Is your hair thick? Fine? All of these factors help determine what styles will look best.





Last, what kind of dress do you have? Is is very ornate with beading all over? If so, you might want to consider an up-do so your hair doesn't get caught in your dress all night.





In the end. the decision is up to you.
Do it in elegant curls with it partly pinned up. The tiara will look nice with that.
pull it up you have a sleevless dress so I would say up.
up with a tiara.


that way you'll be able to see your face and your gorgious gown.
I am 5 3 and I am having my hair down. I have long hair to the middle of my back and by the time of my wedding next summer I will have beautiful long blond hair. Don't go to far from your natural hair style. You want to look like yourself in your wedding pictures.
I would wear it down, but with maybe the front pulled back in some nice way.

No comments:

Post a Comment