Sunday, February 28, 2010

Black Tie Wedding--Hair in Ponytail?

I'm a guest at a black tie wedding that begins at 8pm. I'm wearing a strapless black dress, but I don't know what to do with my hair. Is it okay to wear it in a sleek ponytail? I have shoulder length hair.Black Tie Wedding--Hair in Ponytail?
I for one think a ponytail is the wrong look for a wedding, or any gown affair for that matters. I don't mind a ponytail, don't get me wrong, just think they are a bit tacky with what you are attending. I would leave your hair down, or pin it up just slightly but still keep most of the length. See some of Angelina Jolie's pictures from the Oscars, et al for examples.Black Tie Wedding--Hair in Ponytail?
A Ponytail done correctly can be very appropriate for a black tie event





Place the ponytail either on your crown or at the nape of the neck so that it does not look like you came from the gym. If you would like you can tease your crown for extra height. Then take a section of hair from the bottom of the ponytail and use it to wrap around and hide the hair band.
Either that or wear it in a bun if able to do so, The bun if possible would probably be the more fashionable.
Sure! A sleek pony can be very stylish.

No comments:

Post a Comment