Sunday, February 28, 2010

50's long wedding hair?

I am 49 and have waist length hair and would like to wear it in a 50's style for my rock n roll themed wedding next April but can not find any sites on the net with styles that long to show the hairdresser. I do not want to get it cut. and would like a semi updo style.


I would like to be able to see it on me as a virtual make over but all the sites I've found want money to do the virtual thing.


Any suggestions?


I am only on a pension so can't afford to have it done before by hairdresser to see if it suits me etc. and have no one that has the knowledge to do it beforehand.


I can only afford the one time so want a picture to show hairdresser50's long wedding hair?
You may want to look up ';rockabilly hair';. This site http://www.rockabillyhairstyle.com/ explains how to do the hairdos, other sites have lots of pictures. I agree with the person who suggested looking for pictures of celebrities. Of course *I* can't think of any 50s female rock singers (the only 2 I can think of aren't rock: Patsy Cline and June Carter), but there were many film stars and models (such as Bettie Paige) who had 50s hair. Google's image search is a good place to look.


You're going to have to shop around for a hairdresser that knows how to do pin curls. You're also going to have to have your hair set a day ahead of time, because the curls are set wet and then styled once they're dry, which is sometimes a day later. Finally, I understand than some hairdressers charge for the initial consultation/trying out the hairdo but the expense is a downpayment on the work done the day of the wedding, i.e. you're not spending anything extra to do a trial run. Of course you're going to have to check with your hairdresser. Finally while some 50s looks can be done with hot rollers or curling irons, only pin curls will create a style that lasts all day (in my experience).50's long wedding hair?
I suggest you use the internet to look for publicity photographs of female Hollywood film stars of the era. You could also have a look in old family photograph albums (They don't have to be your albums, anyones will do.)


I hope that helps, and good luck for April next.
1950's hair style was either in a pony-tail or to the extreme of a beehive. Do some searching online to see if you can come-up with some photos. Right now the trend of today is in 1960, so any hair dresser that has been around for a while should be able to come up with a 1950 hairstyle for you.





You can also rent some movies from the 1950's as there should be plenty of hairdo's for you to look at.

No comments:

Post a Comment