Sunday, February 28, 2010

Wedding Hair? Tip amount?

What is the proper amount to tip the stylist doing your updo?


I have 2 appointments one for the trial and one the day of. 45 dollars for each appointment. How much should i tip the stylist?


I had my first appointment and gave her $5.


When she does it the day of the wedding should i give her more than that?Wedding Hair? Tip amount?
I don't know but don't forget to wear a button up shirt so you wont miss it up. My wife forgot to do that.Wedding Hair? Tip amount?
It's customary to tip stylists 20-25%, so you should tip her $9-12. You should only tip waiters 15-20%, so don't listen to the other posters because they must not know what is customary. Remember, your stylist is a trained professional and deserves a little more of a tip! As far as tipping her more on your wedding day, that's up to you. If the cost is the same then you can tip her the same amount.
I think $5 was much too little. This is the woman who is going to be doing your hair for one of the biggest events of your life! Giving her a big tip after she does your hair the second time will be nice but it won't be doing you any favors. After seeing that first tip, she might wonder why she should work so hard for you the second time. You should have given her the big tip at the trial.
I usually tip $10, but I have been going to my stylist for over 5 years and know her well. My hair on my wedding day took two hours!!! (long time!)....so I gave her a $20 tip. I think it depends on the time put into the up-do and how well you know your girl. Also, did she treat you nicely and with respect...and did she honor your wishes in the way she did your hair? Take that into consideration on your wedding day and tip accordingly.





Best of luck!!
15-20% is acceptable. For $45 that would be $7 minimum. I tip 50% each time I get a haircut because my stylist works on tips and I love her to death ( = For my wedding I will be tipping 100% meaning I'll be paying her double whatever she charges me. It's a personal preference and you can tip whatever you want.
According to The Wedding Book by Mindy Weiss, you give hairstylists 15-20% of the total bill, depending on how satisfied you are. I've read in (non bridal) magazines that you're always supposed to do this when you get your hair done, just like you tip a waiter.





Hope this helps!
I would give $10 to be a bit more generous.





I always start my 'base' tip at 20%, which is $9 for you, and I go up or down depending upon level of service or sometimes I just round so I don't have to scramble for extra bills.
generally a tip is 15-20%. When in doubt you can do $10 on an amont like that.
if you really like it and she goes a good job 15-20% if its not that great 10%





ps remember this is your special day
For a $45 hairdo, you should tip $10.
7.00$ is almost 15% ... I think thats fair

No comments:

Post a Comment